Saturday 20 July 2013

So Simple.... So Brilliant

Do you find that some of the most simple ideas are some of the most brilliant... and most useful. Think of paper clips, bobby pins - bent wires!!

I came across one such idea a couple of days ago.
Those of you who know me have seen some of my applique and may have seen the baggies I keep my pieces in as I work. 
WELL... I have been reformed!

Check out this simple but oh so brilliant idea from Barbara Burnham.

Barbara shows how to make a folder that will hold all of the pieces in place until you need them. 

You can use it for hand applique of machine applique. Arrange your pieces by number or colour. No more digging in a baggy!!

It will also hold my hexagons in place as I arrange them into flowers. 

The next post show her needle folder!!

Guess what I'm doing today......

For those of you who are not familiar with Barbara Burnham she is the author of the book Baltimore Garden Quilt.



This book shows you how to reproduce this beautiful Baltimore Garden Quilt from 1848.



It is on my To Do list.

More about it here www.barbaramburnham.com

Thanks Barbara








No comments:

Post a Comment