Friday 29 March 2013


I've been going crazy waiting to show you the piece I've made for the guild challenge. I didn't want to post before the voting just in case I happened to influence the outcome. We won't know the winners until next month. It was a tough race with some outstanding entries and I will try to remember to get some pictures of the other entries.

The title of the challenge is Quilts in Bloom and I decided to do hexie flowers and think outside the box... or square. I had visions of flowers dripping over a garden wall.

The hexagons are 1/2" and I am addicted to making them. I wasn't sure about the English paper piecing method - maybe too fiddley - but found that I just love it. There is no worrying about seam allowance and the method is quite forgiving. And pulling the paper out is like popping bubble wrap!




I had so much fun fussy cutting some and some are pieced with ideas from the book Pieced Hexies by Mickey Depre.



There are so many great ideas in this book. I have to make more!!!


Well today is the Good Friday holiday and it is a beautiful spring day. I hope you get out to enjoy some of it.

Don't forget to post comments. I love to see what you have to say.

Happy Easter 
everyone




No comments:

Post a Comment